Monday 22 February 2016
- Bert de Munck (Antwerp University) and Griet Vermeesch (VUB), Project proposal on early modern urban citizenship in the Low Countries
Monday 7 March 2016
- Laurence van Goethem (VUB), Premodern Impostors. Identity Fraud in the Low Countries during the Ancien Regime
- Nick van den Broeck (VUB), Anne Winter (VUB) and Thijs Lambrecht (UGhent), Preindustrial welfare between regional economies and local regimes: Rural poor relief in Flanders around 1800
Monday 21 March 2016
- Marjolein Schepers (VUB), Welfare and the regulation of labour mobility. The concordat of Ypres, 1750-1789
- Ward Leloup (VUB), Een grafelijke stadstichting langs het Zwin: het ontstaan van Sluis en de commerciele tegenstellingen tussen Brugge en de Vlaamse graaf aan het einde van de dertiende eeuw
Monday 18 April 2016
- Jaco Zuijderduijn, Surviving the game. Managing the retirement business in pre-modern Amsterdam and Leiden
- Torsten Feys (VUB), America's first Refugee Crisis: From American tourists to poor little Belgians
Monday 2 May 2016
- Ans Vervaeke (VUB), A deliberate choice? The impact of the social and economic environment on the 'uses of justice' (Franc of Bruges, 1746-1751)
- Boris Horemans (VUB), Apprentices in the Brussels Four Crowned Martyrs Guild: 1659-1705
Monday 30 May 2016
- Jaap Evert Abrahamse (1), Heidi Deneweth (2), Menne Kosian(1) and Erik Schmitz (3)
(1) Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed, Amersfoort, The Netherlans
(2) Research Foundation Flanders, VUB
(3) Municipal Archives Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Swaying fortunes. Real estate strategies of building entrepreneurs in the urban extensions of Amsterdam during the Golden Age
- Sally Chambers (Ghent University), Presentation of DARIAH: Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities
Monday 13 June 2016
- Ruth Wauters, Arriving at the arrival neighbourhood? Spatial logic of the arrival of foreign newcomers in Brussels in 1880
Monday 27 June 2016
- Frederik Buylaert, Chivalry, seigneurial war, and the state in the Burgundian-Habsburg Low Countries
- Hilmi Kaçar (UGent), Making Istanbul: conquest, reconstruction and Ottomanization
Monday 3 October 2016
- Dries Tys (VUB), The market square in medieval towns in the (Southern) Low Countries. Urban life, form and identity between social practice and iconographic identity.
Monday 17 October 2016
- Frederik Buylaert and Sam Geens (Antwerp University), Social Mobility in the Medieval Low Countries.
Monday 31 October 2016
- Nick Deschacht (KU Leuven) and Anne Winter (VUB), Persistence and Transition: Municipal Migration Levels in the Provinces of Flanders and Antwerp, 1796-1846.
Monday 14 November 2016
- Filip Van Roosbroeck (UAntwerpen – Huygens Instituut), Veepest in de 18de-eeuwse Nederlanden.
- Inneke Baatsen (Antwerp University), A haste for better taste? Fleshing out the material imprints of Bruges dining culture in the fifteenth and sixteenth century.
Monday 28 November 2016
- Margo De Koster and Barbara Deruytter (Ghent University), Police-Public Relations in Transition in Antwerp, 1840s–1914.
- Thijs Lambrecht (UGhent), Village by-laws and the regulation of gleaning in the Southern Low Countries and Northern France, late 13th-late 16th centuries.
Monday 12 December 2016 (canceled)
- Lies Vervaet (UGhent), Female wage labour in Coastal Flanders (15th-16th century).